Baba ganoush aubergine (or courgette alternative)
This hearty dip is great either paired with a salad or combined with some chicken, yogurt based dip or guacamole in a wrap. Yum!
- 1 aubergine (or try using two courgettes – grilled unti soft and very slightly blackened) But not burnt!
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
- Cut the aubergine lengthways.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for around 40 minutes, or until they have gone soft.
- Leave to cool,
- Scoop out the flesh, discarding the skins.
- Put in a food processor with the garlic, tahini, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste, If it’s not smooth enough add some more olive oil. You may want to add a bit more lemon juice. If you prefer it with a bit of a kick then add a little chilli powder
- It should be thick and gloopy!