Brown Rice, Chicken and Pickled Ginger Salad
Enjoy this fat free cooking method recipe!
- 120g brown basmati rice
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ shredded carrots
- 140g sprouting broccoli
- 4 spring onions cut into diagonal slices
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp Miso paste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp tamari
- 1 ½ tbsp homemade pickled ginger (or shop bought)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
Homemade Pickled Ginger:
- 200g fresh ginger (large pieces)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of mild honey
Pickled Homemade Ginger Prep:
1. Peel ginger and slice paper thin with a veg peeler and combine with salt in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Rinse ginger with cold water, place ginger and remaining ingredients in an air tight jar. Add a ¼ cup of water and shake well until the honey is dissolved. Chill overnight before serving. Remove ginger slices and add to salad.
1. Cook the rice following the pack instructions, then drain and keep warm.
Whilst its cooking, put the chicken breasts into a pan of boiling water until they are completely covered. Boil for 1 minute, take off the heat and put a lid on and let sit for 15 minutes until cooked through. Afterwards cut up into delicate slices.
2. Steam the broccoli until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. For the dressing whiz up all the ingredients in a blender.
4. Grate the two carrots
5. Finally, divide the rice between two plates and scatter over the gratted carrot, spring onions and sesame seeds and pickled ginger. Place the broccoli and chicken on top and to finish drizzle the dressing all over.