Brushetta with broad beans
This Italian style dip with bread is exquisite. Great as simply a snack or served alongside a hearty minestrone soup.
- 2 Slices of wholemeal sourdour bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt / black pepper
- 1 Clove garlic cut open
- Approx 250g broad beans (weight includes their pods)
- Pinch dried chilli
- Parmesan shavings
- Boil the broad beans for about 7 minutes, until they are softened.
- When cooled shell from their skins and mash.
- Season and add the olive oil, lemon juice and chilli and mix together.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil on both sides and cook on the griddle pan until slightly blackened (not burnt!) so lines appear on it.
- Rub the garlic clove over both sides of the bread.
- Add the bean mixture onto the bread and top with parmesan shavings and a drizzle of olive oil.