Brushetta with cannellini beans & cherry tomatoes
Beans are packed full of fibre that helps keep you full for ages. Don’t be fooled if it doesn’t look like much on your plate. Paired with a tasty salad this meal is sure to keep you nourished and satisfied.
- 2 Slices of wholemeal sourdour bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt / black pepper
- 1 Clove garlic cut open
- 75g cherry tomatoes
- 1 x400g tin cannellini beans (drained)
- Few leaves fresh basil
- Wash and chop the tomatoes into quarters.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, once hot, add the tomatoes, season and cook until softened. (About 5 mins).
- Add the beans, stir gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Don’t let them dry out, add a little water if necessary.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil on both sides and cook on the griddle pan until slightly blackened (not burnt!) so lines appear on it.
- Rub the garlic clove over both sides of the bread.
- Top with the beans and tomato mixture and the basil leaves.