Chicken and Chickpea Mild Curry
With a creamy texture and easy on the spice, this Chicken and Chickpea Mild Curry recipe is ideal for the whole family. It has the added bonus of being quick and easy to prepare (ready to eat in under half an hour) so it ticks all the boxes if you fancy something full of flavour with minimal time in the kitchen.
Prep time: 5-10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 handfuls of young spinach leaves
- 10 new potatoes (chopped in halves or thirds)
- 800g skinless chicken breast or thigh, chopped into small pieces
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or crushed
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tbsp. ground almonds
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. coriander, chopped with extra for garnish
- Place the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the chopped onions. Cook on a low heat, for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the pieces of chicken and turn up the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes until golden, stir from time to time.
- Lower the heat and add the grated ginger and garlic along with the turmeric and garam masala. Cook for a few minutes whilst stirring occasionally.
- Add the can of coconut milk and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add the chopped new potatoes and chickpeas then gently simmer for approx. 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Add the ground almonds, spinach leaves and chopped coriander and cook for 1 minute
- Serve with rice and use the remaining coriander to garnish.
- Rather than using a shop-bought mango chutney, we like to use fresh sliced mango.