Courgette & feta muffins
Looking for a healthy, satisfying, savoury snack to try? Why not give these morish muffins a go? A super, protein rich snack to slip into your bag to beat those hunger pangs, or also makes a great addition to any child’s lunchbox.
Option to make gluten free
- 100g wholemeal spelt flour (Can replace with gluten free flour)
- 20g jumbo oats (can use GF oats)
- 1tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A small pinch salt (depending how salty your feta is)
- A good grind of black pepper
- Handful of basil leaves, shredded
- 1 egg
- 125g Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 100g courgette, grated
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 40g feta
- Heat the oven to 200C and line a muffin tin with 6 paper cases.
- n a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, bicarb, salt, pepper, and basil.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, yoghurt and oil, add this to the dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon until roughly combined.
- Add the courgettes, feta and pumpkin seeds and stir until just evenly distributed.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cases and bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.