Cranberry, almond and oat energy balls
These delicious cranberry almond and oat energy balls are the perfect pre-workout snack. Eating a small low GI snack 30-60 minutes before exercising can increase your endurance and encourages your body to burn more fat and less glycogen during exercise. What’s more these energy balls are ‘NO BAKE’ and the only equipment you need to make them is a large mixing bowl and your hands.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberry
- 1/2 cup almond butter (home-made is even better)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup almonds, crushed
- 1/2 cup pistachios, crushed
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat