Roasted spicy chickpeas
Chickpeas are packed with protein (an average can contains a whopping 16 – 17g of plant protein) as well as iron, calcium, magnesium and ton’s of fibre. These spicy and crunchy roasted chickpeas are a great way of upping your fibre and getting some plant-based nutrient density into your diet.
- ½ can chickpeas
- ½ tbs olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees centigrade (gas mark 8).
- Blot the chickpeas to absorb the moisture.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add the oil, spices and salt, toss until they are covered with the spice mix.
- Spread over a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes until they are crunchy.
- Leave to cool before eating.