Sweet potato crisps
Sweet potatoes are a complex carbohydrate made up of different sugar molecules which makes it longer to break down than simple carbs. It contains tryptophan which is used by the body to make the brain chemical serotonin, which is known to induce sleep. It also contains vitamin B6 which helps the body produce serotonin.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- sprinkling of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 355F.
- Peel and finely slice the sweet potatoes so they are a couple of millimetres thick.
- Pat them dry, and spread them over a baking tray or dish.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle over the cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Turn them over so they are all coated on both sides.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until they are crispy.
- Take out and leave to cool.