Apple bircher muesli muffins
These muffins is an excellent healthy recipe to lighten up the breakfast routine. Great start to the day as muffins are packed with fibre, slow release glucose and cinnamon, which keeps energy levels steady through the day. This is one of the recipes I like to make with my little ones during winter, as it fills the whole house with sweet smells of cinnamon.
Makes 5 muffins
- 100 g (1 cups) organic rolled oats
- 110 g (½ cup ) wholemeal spelt flour
- 40 g (¼ cup) raisins
- 2 eggs
- 12 g ( ⅛ cup) mixed chia and flaxseed (plus a few more for topping)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, grated (skin on)
- Preheat the oven to 160 centigrade.
- Prepare your baking tray with the muffin cups.
- Mix the oats, raisins, yoghurt, eggs, seeds, baking powder, oil, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Leave them for the oats to soften, which should take around 10 minutes.
- Add the apple and its juice and the flour.
- Mix all together and fill your muffin cups with the mixture.
- Sprinkle over a few oats for the topping and more seeds if wanted.
- Cook for 35 minutes, or until the mixture is cooked through.
Best served warm!