Asparagus omelette or to dunk in boiled eggs.
Asparagus adds consistency to the plain and soft omelette. When we add texture to dishes, it encourages us to chew our food more thoroughly. Chewing supports optimum digestion, and produces signals to our brain so it knows when to stop eating. Asparagus has a low glycemic index and a high fibre content, which makes this a perfect dish for balancing blood sugar levels. You could also use artichokes, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, leek, onions, squash, courgette or spinach amongst others.
- 2 large duck or chicken eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Chili flakes
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Steam the asparagus for 5 minutes till blanched.
- Boil the water first then lower the egg in for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled place the egg is an egg cup holder in the centre of a plate and cut so that the runny yolk oozes out.
- Place the steamed asparagus around the egg holder.
- Sprinkle the egg with salt, pepper and chilli flakes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Dunk the asparagus inside the rich yolk and enjoy!