Baked apples with pecans and walnuts
Such an easy recipe to do and a great winter warmer, the nuts and maple syrup caramelise and ooze out of the softened, fluffy apple surrounded by a crispier outer skin.
- Serves 2
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 tbs of Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup of walnuts and pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Knob of butter
- Turn the oven on to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6.
- Sit each apple on the worktop and push the apple corer into the centre of each one
- Mix the nuts, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Stand up the apples, side by side, in a baking dish. Using your fingers, push a little bit of the nut mixture into each apple, using up all the mixture between them.
- Add a blob of butter to the top of each and drizzle over with Maple syrup.
- Put the dish in the oven for 20 minutes or until the apples are cooked through.
- Tasty served with Goats or Coconut yogurt.