Banana coconut pancakes
This is an ideal leisurely weekend breakfast that will avoid any mid-morning sugar dips, energy lows and brain fuzz that would normally lead you straight to the biscuit tin.
You can use buckwheat flour for a delicious gluten free alternative.
For the pancakes
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 4 large free range eggs
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp buckwheat or wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon,
- a little coconut oil (or olive oil).
For the toppings
- 300g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Bring blueberries to simmer on a low heat with a splash of water and the vanilla extract
- Mash the bananas
- Whisk the pancake ingredients together to form a batter
- Oil the frying pan and heat over gas
- Ladle the batter in small amounts onto the frying pan, 3 small pancakes at a time (aim for 9 in total)
- Serve covered with stewed blueberries and vanilla