Chia smoothie breakfast pots
- 250ml of nut milk (almond or hazelnut
- 1/2 fresh vanilla pod
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g approximately of mixed berries of your choice – blueberries and raspberries work well. It is fine to use frozen fruit.
- 1/2 small banana
- Scrape out the seeds of your vanilla pod into a bowl, add the chia seeds, maple syrup, stir and add 200ml of the milk.
- Pour into a glass and refrigerate for 3 hours minimum but preferably overnight so that the chia has time to expand and set.
- When it is ready, blend the fruit (leave a couple out for decorating at the end), with the banana and the rest of the milk to make a smoothie.
- Pour this on top of your chia mixture and decorate with the remaining fruit.
If you want to vary this recipe or make it more filling then add a layer of granola between the chia and the smoothie. Yum!