Coconut milk quinoa porridge
Supercharge your morning with high-protein quinoa and omega-3 rich chia seeds for a creamy breakfast bowl topped with seasonal fruit and seeds.
- 100g of quinoa
- 500ml of coconut milk (or could use any nut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or one fresh vanilla pod (split and use the seeds inside)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp shredded dried coconut
- Handful of berries ie blueberries or raspberries
- Handful of mixed seeds (optional) ie sunflower, pumpkin
- Rinse the quinoa and put in a saucepan.
- Add 350ml of coconut milk, and the maple syrup or honey.
- Cover and bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, vanilla extract or seeds and the cinnamon.
- Leaving the lid off cook for another 3-4 minutes then add the coconut and chia seeds, mix well.
- Top with the berries and seeds if using.