Courgette carpaccio with walnuts and parmesan
A very elegant side dish or a yummy light lunch! The combination of the more dense, protein filled walnuts and cheese goes perfectly alongside the gentle, light flavour and texture of the courgette. Walnuts are also packed full of essential omega 3 fatty acids.
Leave the Parmesan out for a vegan alternative
- 500g green courgette
- 500g yellow courgette (use all green if you cant find yellow)
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 200g rocket
- 50g walnuts, lightly crushed
- Small bunch basil
- 100g shaved Parmesan
- Slice the courgettes diagonally as thinly as possible and place in a wide bowl or on a plate.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over the courgettes and leave them to marinade for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the rocket over the top, sprinkle with walnuts, basil leaves and parmesan.