Cranberry quinoa cookies
These delicious cookies are so easy to make, even with little people ‘helping’! They make a very handy snack for blood sugar control, and provide a creative, alternative way to consume super nutritious quinoa.
Makes approx. 6
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350F.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together in a large bowl the egg, almond butter, vanilla essence and maple syrup until smooth.
- Then add the oats, quinoa flakes, cinnamon, cranberries & salt.
- Using 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture per cookie, spoon it out onto the baking tray into rough circles, until all the mixture is used up.
- Put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill and then the cookies shouldn’t spread when they are cooking.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- You will need to keep an eye on them! Let them cool slightly before removing from the tray so they don’t break.