Grilled salmon with brazil nut and spinach pesto with quinoa salad
As the temperatures drop our bodies crave fat and complex carbohydrates in order to lay down nutrient stores for the winter ahead. This might sound like a recipe for unwanted weight gain but it needn’t be. The trick is to give your body what it wants and craves, healthy fats from oily fish, nuts and oils along with high protein whole grains. This delicious recipe does exactly that and the explosion of colour not only look incredible but supports your immune system to fight those winter bugs. Enjoy!
- 50g Brazil Nuts
- 50g Spinach
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Water
- Garlic Clove
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
- 50g Quinoa
- 20g Chickpeas
- 1 Red pepper
- Handful of Spinach
- Salmon Fillet
- Rapeseed Oil
- Place the brazil nuts in a blender and blend until a fine powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth.
- Season to taste
Quinoa Salad Method:
- Deseed and dice the pepper
- Season with rapeseed oil, salt and pepper
- Place in a roasting tin and roast at 200C for 15 minutes
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a pan of water, bring to the boil and boil until just al dente – about 15 minutes.
- Place a pan on heat and add the handful of spinach, sautee until wilted.
- Season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper and a drizzle of rapeseed oil. Cover with foil and bake for 20minutes at 180C
- Place the quinoa, chickpeas, red peppers, wilted spinach and two tbsp of the pesto into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the grilled salmon fillet on top of the salad mixture and drizzle over some more pesto.