Lemonade & pink lemonade
A perfect accompaniment for a summer barbeque, lemonade is refreshing and tasty whilst being popular for all ages.
Lemons promote detoxification and are rich in vitamin C and bioflavanoids.
By making your own lemonade you’ll gain health benefits whilst avoiding high levels of sugar which are commonly found in commercial varieties.
- Fill a jug with one litre of water.
- Add 4 lemons squeezed.
- Add 1/4 tsp liquid stevia (stevia is very sweet so you only need a tiny amount of it). You could use honey instead, but you would need more add a little and add to your taste. (NB will need lots of stirring).
- Stir and add ice cubes. Add in optional mint leaves
- As above but when you have you water/lemon/stevia mixture, transfer it to a pan and add 100g of raspberries.
- Bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Then sieve into a heatproof jug/container pressing down the raspberries to extract all their juices.
- Let it cool but and then transfer to the fridge, to chill.
- Serve with ice and a sprig of mint.