Orangey bulgar wheat salad with baked chicken
Bulgar wheat is easy to cook and provides a nice texture and slightly nutty taste to this salad as well as being high in minerals and protein.
- 100g/3 ½ ounces of bulgar wheat
- X2 chicken breasts (optional)
- X4 broccoli spears
- 100g (3 ½ ounces) of shelled & cooked broad beans
- X1 orange
- ½ bunch of dill, chopped
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 1 large orange juiced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees or gas mark 6.
- Season the chicken and when the oven is hot, cook the chicken breast for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and cover with the hot stock.
- Cover and stand for 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain in a sieve, and gently squeeze out the excess liquid.
- While this is cooking you can steam your broccoli & broad beans until tender.
- The broad beans may need a little longer than the broccoli as need to be cooked through.
- Segment the oranges.
- Mix the vegetables, dill and orange into the bulgar wheat.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients together and mix into the salad.