This super-rich and sweet pecan pie uses only healthy, fertility boosting ingredients. Pecans are packed with protein, fibre, heart-healthy fats, and 19 vitamins and minerals, so they should be a regular part of your diet if you are pregnant or trying to conceive. One slice is enough to satisfy the fiercest of dessert addicts among your family and guests.
For the crust:
- 50g butter or coconut oil
- 200g ground almonds
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 2 cups of pecans
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 medjool dates
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup pecans for decoration on top
- Pre-heat the oven for 160 degrees ( gas mark 3).
- Grease a 26cm pie dish with butter or coconut oil.
- Blend all the ingredients for the crust, except for the almonds together in a food processor, then add in the almonds and gently mix together.
- Tip the mixture into the pie dish and press it down into the sides and base. P
- rick it with a for a few times and bake for 10-15minutes, it should be golden.
- Whilst it is cooking make the filling.
- Put the pecans, cinnamon, dates, coconut milk and coconut oil into a food processor and blend until mixed.
- When the pastry is ready, let it cool and add the filling mixture.
- Decorate the top with pecans and put it in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.