Quinoa spinach & scrambled eggs
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 200g spinach
- 6 eggs
- Dash nut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve to remove bitterness from grain.
- Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a medium heat and simmer.
- Cook until quinoa has absorbed all the water (about 10mins).
- Remove pot from heat and cover with lid.
- Allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff with a fork.
Eggs & Spinach
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Heat small fry pan or saucepan on stove top and add a small amount of olive oil.
- Add eggs to pan, mix as the eggs are cooking to scramble.
- To wilt spinach, add to a small saucepan with a dash of water.
- Cook over heat, stirring often.
- Assemble on toast with quinoa.