Quinoa with Roasted Veg and Cod with wilted spinach, & long stemmed broccoli
Cod is a good source of vitamin B12, which is needed to make healthy red blood cells, and helps prevent anaemia. Quinoa is a great source of protein, fibre and as well as calcium, B vitamins and magnesium amongst others.
- 100g quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 fennel, sliced (ends cut off)
- ¼ squash, skin left on and cut into small chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Small bunch of coriander
- 2 cod fillets
- Knob of butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Put all the chopped vegetables into a large baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and season.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they are softened.
- Ten minutes before they are due to be ready prepare the cod.
- Place the cod onto a large square of tinfoil.
- Season and add a knob of butter.
- Wrap like a parcel and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the quinoa as per the instructions on the packet.
- Mix the vegetables with the quinoa, season and sprinkle over the coriander. S
- erve with the cod and some long stemmed broccoli and spinach.