Raspberry Nutty Flapjacks
Tastetastic! These fruity, nutty flapjacks are incredibly moreish. Fantastic for enjoying a sweet treat to share in the afternoon or a great contribution to any special occasion. Try whilst still warm with some coconut cream or ice cream – yum.
Makes 5-7 small flapjacks
- 260g oats
- 150g coconut sugar (or replace with a banana for a low sugar version)
- 70g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g cashew nuts
- 4tbs maple syrup
- 160g butter/coconut oil
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the butter/oil, coconut sugar and syrup in a pan on a low/medium heat. Don’t allow it to burn. Once it is bubbling remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, seeds, nuts, berries, (banana) and salt. Once mixed pour in the ingredients and mix with the melted liquid.
- Pour your tasty mixture onto a lined tray and spread out until an inch thick.
- Pop in the oven and bake for roughly 12/20 minutes. Then set aside to cool for 10 minutes on a rack before cutting into slices.