Raw carrot muffins with cashew cream
Makes approx. 6
- 2 cups carrot pulp
- 1 cup raw pecans, plus 8 more
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw agave syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon water
1. To make the muffins: Process the dates and walnuts in a food processor until crumbly looking.
2. Add carrot pulp and spices. Process until the mix has taken the form of a smooth “dough.”
3. Add raisins and pulse to combine. Don’t over process raisins.
4. Press dough into cupcake cups. Refrigerate for at least an hour before icing.
5. To make the topping: Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender like the Vitamix and blend until smooth. You may have to stop the blender and push the ingredients down into the blade. The longer you blend, the smoother your cream will be.
6. Refrigerate the cream for an hour to firm up before using.
7. Spoon on to the raw carrot muffins and top with a crushed pecan nuts (optional)