Raw chocolate & peanut butter buttercups
Peanut butter, banana and chocolate is a match made in heaven. Another quick treat recipe that I cannot get enough of. The sea salt gives the buttercups extra delicious twist.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nut butter (ie almond butter)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- Melt nut butters and maple syrup using a Bain Marie method.
- Add cacao powder and stir until it is fully dissolved.
- Using a blender mix the bananas, sea salt and the melted nut mixture.
- Line cupcake of muffin tin with liners and pour the buttercup mixture in.
- Leave for a couple of hours in a cool place.
- Note that leaving it in the fridge will prevent the buttercups from developing a lovely shiny layer on top.