Scrambled eggs with roasted peppers
Roasted peppers and scrambled eggs are a match made in heaven. If you don’t have time to cook the peppers from scratch, you can use any left over vegetables from the night before. Personally, I will happily make time on the weekend for juicy freshly roasted peppers.
- 3 eggs
- Small amount of nut milk
- Salt pepper
- 1 red pepper
- Olive oil
To roast peppers:
- Preheat oven to 260 degrees, or gas mark 9.
- Chop the peppers into quarters and discard seeds.
- Roast peppers for approximately 15mins, until skin blisters and turns black.
- Remove from oven, and cover.
- Skins should remove easily one cooled.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and chives in a small bowl.
- Heat small fry pan or saucepan on stove top and add a small amount of olive oil.
- Add eggs to pan, mix as the eggs are cooking to scramble.
- Remove cooked eggs from pan and assemble on toast with roast peppers on the side.