An alternative to it’s traditional Indian mango version, this strawberry lassi doesn’t contain any refined sugar and is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants.
Vary it by using different fruit, peach lassi anyone?
- 400g strawberries roughly chopped
- 300ml natural yogurt (can use a probiotic yoghurt to help your gut bacteria)
- 30g coconut palm sugar or maple syrup – optional – only use if the recipe isn’t sweet enough without.
- 750ml ice cold water
- a few drops of rosewater – optional
- Blend the strawberries with half of the water, until it is smooth.
- Add the yoghurt and the rest of the water.
- Blend again.
- If its not sweet enough add the sugar/maple syrup.