Super liver detoxifying pasta
Wild rocket is considered a bitter food and as such stimulates bile flow out of the liver, helping it to detoxify. As part of the ‘brassica’ family, rocket contains many phytochemicals including an ‘indole’ known to help detoxify hormones via the liver. Brassica’s have been found to cancel the carcinogenic effects of oestrogen.
As for artichokes, they are a natural liver tonic. Containing the phytonutrients Cynarine and Silymarin known to boost the regeneration of liver cells, they have long been considered a good natural remedy for hepatitis.
- 2 small handfuls of wholemeal or gluten free pasta
- 4-5 pieces of grilled artichoke in olive oil, chopped (or use sun-dried tomatoes)
- 50g Halloumi cheese, diced
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 1tbsp. pine nuts, grilled lightly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
Add pasta to boiling water in a pan.
1. Make a bed of rocket in a pasta bowl, add chopped artichokes.
2. Grill the Halloumi pieces until they just start to turn brown. Then lightly grill the pine nuts (use a dry frying pan, no oil)
3. Once pasta is cooked to al dente drain and place empty pan back on hob. Add olive oil, chilli flakes and the garlic. Before the garlic starts to brown add the cooked pasta and toss. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Lay the pasta on top of the leaves and artichokes. Top with the Halloumi cubes and pine nuts.