Sweet jacket potato with homemade coleslaw
Succulent, sweet potatoes are a much healthier and tastier alternative to the usual white version; they are more nutritious and have a much lower Glycaemic level, helping to keep your blood sugar levels even through the day. This delectable vegetable coleslaw adds fibre and more vitamins and minerals; it’s brimming full of antioxidants.
Sweet Jacket potato recipe:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Thyme, ½ bunch of
- Garlic x2 cloves
- Sea salt
- 1 small carrot
- ½ fennel
- ½ beetroot
- 50g white cabbage
- 50g red cabbage
- 3 radishes
- ¼ red onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- ½ handful fresh soft herbs (ie mint, fennel, dill, parsley and chervil) , leaves picked and choppe
- 50ml natural yoghurt
- ½ tsp mustard
- Sea salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 1hr with the thyme and garlic. When it is cooked through (crispy on the outside and soft in the middle).
- Take out of the oven, slice through, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle over the thyme leaves and garlic with a pinch of salt. Whilst these are cooking prepare the coleslaw…
- Shred the carrots, fennel, radishes, beetroot, with a sharp knife, or you could use the julienne slicer in a food processor.
- Put the veg into a mixing bowl.
- Slice the cabbage and onion as finely as you can and add to the bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix half the lemon juice, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, the chopped herbs, yoghurt and mustard.
- Pour this dressing over the veg and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and the rest of the lemon juice.